SYEP Instructor (Fort Lauderdale)
Job Title: Independent Contractor: SYEP Instructor
CareerSource Broward is hiring experienced instructors adept at working with youth 16-18 years old, as independent contractors for a short term project. Selected contractors will deliver employability skills training based on an established curriculum provided by the agency during the orientation phase of the Summer Youth Program. Contactors will work approximately 21 hours and receive 2-4 hours of paid training. The hourly rate for this position is $25 per hour. Position duties and responsibilities are outlined below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Instructors are responsible for executing the following duties:
- Facilitate three day (21 hour) employability skills classroom training to youth aged 16 to 18 for the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP)
- Participate in instructor training to enhance familiarity with assigned curriculum.
- Utilize assigned curriculum for training SYEP participants, implementing an appropriate variety of teaching methods to meet the needs of all participants.
- Assess, monitor, and redirect participants’ daily behavior and performance as needed.
- Effectively manage classroom activities to ensure interactive participation throughout the SYEP training period.
- Maintain high standards for training and assessment, ensuring performance targets are achieved.
- Model appropriate classroom behaviors and promote a positive, professional image.
- Respond to questions by students accordingly.
- Collaborate with CareerSource Broward staff appropriately to ensure a positive and effective outcome for the SYEP participants.
- Assist in preparing youth for the world of work and their summer youth work experience assignments.
Pay: from $25/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10899343