Apprenticeship Navigator (Fort Lauderdale)
- Develop, oversee, and administer Federal and State funded workforce development, and special grant funded programs.
- Monitor and guide assigned providers ensuring that they are meeting or exceeding contract and performance requirements.
- Serve as liaison and provide technical assistance for grants provided through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
- Interact with employers, jobseekers, staff and work locations to promote and administer the administrative side of the apprenticeship programs.
- Identify pathways to connect and align to performance elements in sectors of focus for registered apprenticeships.
- Assess and prioritize program needs while setting specific goals and objectives for resource development and operation requirements.
- Identify process delivery improvements, industry engagement activities, outreach/communications mechanisms and newly developed training programs to achieve or exceed metrics within the registered apprenticeship programs.
- Review and update the Business Outreach Professional Development Tool Kit for Apprenticeships and coordinate training for the employer outreach team.
- Convene targeted sector business representatives and community stakeholders to facilitate discussions and exploration of the expansion of registered apprenticeships
- Manage all administrative functions of assigned programs in accordance with local, State and Federal guidelines.
- Develop and implement appropriate program guidelines, processes, and procedures for project deliverables.
- Provide on-going technical assistance, consultation, and expert advice to providers/contractors and staff to assist them in meeting or exceeding local and State performance measures.
- Oversee the performance goals and objectives of providers/contractors to ensure that programs are meeting established goals. Conduct contractor site visits, provide training and technical assistance, review and monitor files and maintain on-going communications with program providers. Provide written corrective action to contractors when necessary.
- Monitor and evaluate goals and performance standards. Recommend strategies to improve and enhance performance. Analyze systems and make continuous improvement recommendations so providers can meet or exceed program outcomes. Verify that contractors are in compliance with contracts and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Represent CareerSource Broward (CSBD) in investigating and resolving client issues and other matters of significance and represent the agency in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes and resolving grievances associated with assigned program providers.
- Research programmatic issues as necessary. Analyze data generated by State database systems.
- Review and analyze contractor invoices in a timely manner. Determine trends and variances in relationship to the contract language and budget. Develop action plans to resolve problems as a result of variances. Assist with processing contract modifications if necessary.
- Coordinate activities with other CSBD departments as necessary such as CSBD’s Quality Assurance Department to ensure timely monitoring and reviews of programs.
- Develop and monitor internal processes to ensure efficient processing of Contracts, and invoices at CSBD Main Office. Provide routine review of program policies and procedures to maintain and improve efficiencies.
- Develop expertise in assigned subject matter such as Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Stay abreast of changes in assigned subject matter and provide assistance regarding your expertise to CSBD staff and providers’ staff as needed.
- Conduct outreach to local employers, participate in presentations to various community groups, and participate in periodic meetings as assigned.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Act as liaison between CSBD and the federal, state, and local entities responsible for administering the funded programs and grants
- Prepare a variety of weekly, monthly, annual, and biannual reports as required.
- Review and analyze requests for proposals, make recommendations and assist with the contract negotiations and contract renewals processes.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Department or as an organization.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in business administration, social sciences, or related field is required.
- Two years of experience managing and/or facilitating registered apprenticeship programs or relevant workforce system experience is necessary.
- In-depth knowledge of WIOA regulations and laws as well as knowledge of effective business-to-business practices are a plus.
- A relevant combination of experience and specialized training may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills since the position requires significant report writing responsibilities.
Effective presentation and public speaking skill are also required.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- The ability to analyze data, problem solve and understand complex situations; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels and the general public are required.
- Familiarity with local economic conditions, social service agencies, and geography are required.
- Individual must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation.
Pay: $28 to $28.90/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: CSBD - Corp