Administrative Assistant - $15 / Hour - Cypress Creek, FL
General Purpose of the Position:
This is an administrative support position requiring independent work assisting the Site Supervisor with a variety of administrative matters.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs special work assignments that require independent work as directed by Site Supervisor.
- Works on projects as assigned to prepare reports for use by the Site Supervisor and partners in evaluating operations and for related decision making. Gathers data and prepares drafts of reports or responses for the supervisor's approval.
- Coordinates the schedule of the conference rooms using Outlook; sends invites and meeting reminders to staff.
- Assist with the interview process by scheduling interviews, preparing documentation for the interview panel, and saving documentation according to agency procedures.
- Orders office supplies for the CSBD Noth Center following agency procedures.
- Reports facility issues to HR using an internal tracking system.
- Maintains contact with the janitorial company to ensure continuance in the quality of service.
- Maintains and updates Center Phone Directory, Time Off Attendance Tracker, and other related logs.
- Assist WTP department with computer distribution to customers, maintaining an accurate log.
- Uses a personal computer for spreadsheets, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Operates office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems.
- Prepares reports and correspondence. Receives electronic mail messages and transmits to appropriate associates for action.
- Coordinates maintenance/service agreements for office support equipment such as copiers, facsimile machines, and telephone systems. Functions as the telephone system administrator.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Provides support to front desk staff responding questions and routing callers to appropriate staff. Greets and assist customers by assessing primary needs and directing customers to the appropriate department.
- Checks EmpHire timesheets for accuracy and sends it to EmpHire for processing.
- Checks Internship participants’ timesheets and sends them to appropriate Succes Coach.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public courteously and professionally.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions for internal controls.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service related to the programs or CareerSource Broward as an organization.
Supervisory Controls and Guidelines:
The incumbent is under the direct supervision of the Center Manager. Areas of work are assigned and the incumbent must use independent judgment to determine how to best achieve the established objectives. The supervisor monitors the work. Work is spot-checked by the supervisor for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established procedures and the supervisor is available for assistance if a particularly difficult problem arises.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Education, Experience and Knowledge Required:
An Associate’s Degree or equivalent plus one year of progressively responsible programmatic and/or administrative experience are required.
Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills. Incumbent must have prior experience achieving excellence, demonstrating continuous improvement. Strong ability and demonstrated experience in balancing multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, working independently, and achieving assigned tasks are required. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases. Possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels and the general public is required.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be used to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to write, type, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, or climb; or balance; and bend, stoop, or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus to read numbers and small print.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters in an office environment.
Pay: $14.50 to $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11284078