Accounts Payable Coordinator ($19 / Hour, Fort Lauderdale, FL)
General Purpose of the Position:
Perform accounts payable functions in an accurate and timely manner. Monitor and track the on-the-job (OJT) training and individual training accounts (ITAs) agency-wide. Serve as a liaison between CareerSource Broward (CSBD) and vendors to enable clients to purchase materials and services needed for training.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Process expenses for payment.
• Audit invoices, indicate appropriate general ledger and vendor codes and enter invoice data into the computer.
• Prepare check requisitions for invoices.
• Match accounts payable invoices with checks to ensure that checks correspond to invoice amounts.
• Verify that documentation such as purchase orders, vouchers, receiving documents, invoices, etc. have the appropriate approvals and other necessary data.
• Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
• Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
• Comply with federal, state, and agency policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
• Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data in order to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
• Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
• Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
• Code documents according to agency procedures.
• Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
ITAs and OJTs:
• Monitor and track OJT and ITA expenditures agency-wide. Review all computer data of participants prior to paying schools/vendors.
• Prepare payment request forms and identify the appropriate grant to be charged. Prepare check requisitions
• Assist other CSBD staff in monitoring expenses, resolving problems, conducting research and following up on OJT & ITA costs and other issues.
• Assist CSBD staff with OJT & ITA purchasing procedures.
• Conduct special studies regarding OJT & ITA training costs. Analyze data as required.
• Set up and maintain OJT contracts and ITA files.
• Update flowcharts as needed on the ITA, OJT payment processes to ensure that process improvement analysis is being conducted
• Respond to monitoring and audit findings regarding OJT and ITA programs and report information to management as required.
• Prepare correspondence, reports, invoices, and other paperwork. Ensure that grammar, punctuation; spelling, and format are correct and appropriate. Fax material as directed.
• Communicate with vendors to insure the quality and continuity of services to CSBD participants.
• Provide technical assistance to Finance Department personnel and other staff as needed.
• Prepare a variety of reports periodically, as needed.
• Coordinate and provide as needed, staff training on assigned processes and procedures.
• Interact with vendors to insure the quality and continuity of services to CSBD participants.
• Operate 10-key calculators, word processing software, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents and reports.
• Maintain a journal of accounts payable transactions and reconcile this journal to data processed in the system.
• Maintain and update a variety of logs and reports.
• Prepare checks and release to vendors
• Maintain adequate separation of duties as designated by Senior Vice President and/or stipulated by internal control processes.
• Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on strategic planning and improving customer service.
• Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
• Assist in the writing and updating of policies, forms, and other Finance documents.
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
• Participate in the agency’s hiring process by serving on screening and interview panels as needed.
• Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
• Incumbent may be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Department or CSBD as an organization.
supervisory Controls and Guidelines:
Incumbent is under the direct supervision of the Controller.Â Areas of work are assigned and the incumbent must use independent judgment to determine how to best achieve the established objectives.Â The supervisor monitors and approves the work. CSBD personnel rules, policies, and procedures, labor laws, federal and state rules and guidelines, technical assistance guides and current best practices research are tools used by the incumbent.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position.Â Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Skills Needed (e.g.Degrees, certification, software, etc.): No
Special Skills: Education, Experience and Knowledge Required:
• A high school diploma or equivalent plus three years of progressively responsible bookkeeping and/or, accounts payable and administrative experience in a financial setting are required. Associates degree in Accounting preferred. One year of experience working in the workforce development arena preferred.
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to
• Accounts Payable Coordinator - page 4
• conduct research and obtain data. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, the ability to prioritize work; the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame is necessary; and the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Pay: $18.50 to $19/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11121386